Controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) with menotropins requires careful monitoring in order to optimize success (pregnancy rates)
and minimize complications.
Monitoring is generally facilitated using a “cycle flow sheet.” This flow sheet contains most of the pertinent information used by
the Reproductive Endocrinologist in order to decide on medication doses.
Monitoring form (COH)
Generally a number of variables are recorded on these flow sheets, including:
- demographic information such as name, age, and telephone numbers-- used to contact the patient
- date, cycle day and stimulation day
- medication(s) administered and their doses
- serial ultrasound evaluation of the ovaries (follicular diameters) and uterus (endometrial thickness
- bloodwork results
- graph of estradiol concentration versus stimulation day
This information brings together a tremendous amount of information to give a rapid overall “snapshot” of the cycle.
Additional Case Studies: COH Cycle 1 | COH Cycle 2
| COH Cycle 3
| COH Cycle 4 | COH Cycle 5